Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Quilt Design a Day - day one - Building Blocks Tuesday


QDAD 8.18

OK, so this isn't really a block today, but I don't have any new blocks to share today.  Instead I want to share a new challenge I joined over the weekend.  It's called Quilt Design a Day (QDAD), and it was created by the lovely Anne of Play Crafts.  She recently did a webinar for the Modern Quilt Guild on how to find your creative process, and what she learned through her experience challenging herself to design a quilt a day.  "QDAD" is a Facebook group, filled with other people who have taken on the challenge too, and is a wonderful community of encouraging people.   We use one of the palettes created by Design Seed for the day, and just go from there.  This is the design I created using the Harvest Hues from yesterday.  I haven't finished today's design yet, but I already enjoy the process.  Hopefully, this challenge will help me with one of my other goals for the year - learning EQ7.  I'm only a 1/4 of the way through my tutorial book, but this challenge should help me put into practice some of the things I have learned.

If you are a member of the Modern Quilt Guild and missed Anne's webinar, I highly recommend watching it (it is available on the Community page of the main MQG member website).  If you aren't a member, Anne has plenty of posts about QDAD on her blog, including her fabulous designs, and anyone is welcome to join the group.  Even if you can't design every day, it is a fun process.

What blocks have you working on?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading!

Jen




3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, dropped by to link up but the collection is closed, I'll pop back and try again later - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm so glad you've joined us. :D I finally have my computer back so I expect there will be a whole load of commenting going on tomorrow. lol I look forward to seeing more designs from you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.