Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Geese, floors, and minis - Building Blocks Tuesday

I'm late!

for Anneliese

Sorry about that everyone.  There has been a lot going on here at the house the last few days that has required my attention (and often my back muscles).

This week, I'm sharing these colorful geese blocks that Anneliese requested in my Lazy Bums Flying Geese Swap.  I pieced them together while working on Deb's NY Beauty Circle of Geese blocks.  I try to chain piece my paper piecing when I can, but in order to keep Deb's blocks organized, I only did one quarter of the circle at time.  I used Anneliese's blocks as little place holders between, and since they have far fewer pieces in the blocks, I managed to get them all done.

Speaking of the house, I am happy to report that I have floors in my studio!

I have floors!

If it were up to me, I would have had them put in this room first so I could hide out in here and play.  But unfortunately, it had to be one of the last rooms to be completed.   We only have half of 2 rooms left to go, but they can't be finished until Friday.  I am very much looking forward to that time!  Progress on the bathrooms continues slowly as we have had a few setbacks (hey, that's remodeling for ya!).

In the meantime, I've been setting up my studio whenever I get a chance.  Today, I attempted to decorate.

My wall of minis

I didn't expect it to be so hard to put up my minis on the wall.  It is hard!  They are all slightly different sizes and shapes.  I must have read half a dozen "How to make a gallery wall" tutorials and it still didn't really help me.  I don't really feel like I've done a very good job; but, I am ecstatic to have some pretty stuff to look at while I'm in the room.

As you can see, I've got my cutting table all ready to go.  I hope to get a design wall up later this week.   Tomorrow.....I just want to sew and forget all my grown up responsibilities.....at least while the kids are at school.

What blocks have you working on this week?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr and Instagram pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!


Thanks for reading,

Jen







3 comments:

  1. Great floor and I love your wall of minis xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure if it is the Anneliese I blog with if it is she wil llove this block. A super room you have got there and the minis look so good, think I will have to do more of those as have given up on trying to quiilt my large quilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room is looking great! Are you going to have to share with the girls? Or is it yours?

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.