Tuesday, October 21, 2014

One more mini - Building Blocks Tuesday

Thank you to everyone who responded to last week's question about how much blog reading you still do.  It was good to hear that many of you still enjoy reading blog posts, even if you might not comment frequently.

This week, I've been contemplating my partner in a mini swap.  She hasn't given me very much to go on, as she seems to like everything.  I've taken that as a blank check to do whatever I like!  So, I decided to try out one of the Park Bench blocks from the pattern by Jaybird Quilts.  I bought the pattern ages ago when it first came out, and it has been patiently waiting for the right time.  What better time to try one out than now?

Here is the block, all SID'd and ready to be quilted.

Park Bench mini

I confess, I enjoy making minis very much.  Just as I was putting this one together, I got the itch to make another big block for another mini (for me).  Just one more mini........stay tuned.

What blocks have you working on?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading!

Jen



2 comments:

  1. Yours (and the others) all look great x. Minis and bees and round robins are great for trying something On a small scale: better than orphan blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be adding my link tomorrow but just wanted to say I would miss blogs so much if they disappeared in favour of Instagram. I love reading about the quilting process, trials and tribulations, successes and life in general. It's my 30 minutes "me" space every morning in bed with a cup of tea. Please don't stop!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.